Thursday, August 28, 2008

You did not read The Image of the City. Or the handout.

Spades, spades, spades....tsk tsk. What did I tell you? Read the book, if you don't have the book read the handout.  What was the point of the project? What did you get out of it? At the very least you should have added the following words to your design vocabulary: pathway, node, edge, district, landmark. Again, you all did a great job on your drawings (or other media) but no one used any of the terminology to describe their trip. You should also think about the larger context of your "presentation" when you guided everyone through your pictures. I must admit that I did not know where I was going or what relationship your pictures had with each other. I know we said not to make a literal map but in that case it would have complimented your drawings nicely...in my humble opinion.

No comments: