Thursday, September 18, 2008

Revolution Mills Pictures...

Did I mention I like to take pictures? I probably could have spent an entire day and a few memory cards at that place. There was a ridiculous amount of content. I plan on going back when the weather is sunny, if they will allow me in. The clouds that day did not make for the best photo opportunity. I don't know how excited I am about what [they] are doing to renovate Revolution Mills but I will admit the place has character, as I hope it is portrayed in these photographs. Enjoy...























Lastly, it is unfortunate that the woman who was nice enough to give us the guided tour could not answer a seemingly easy question from Jami: "How are you preserving the history of the textile mill?" or something (good question). I suppose it was not safe for one to assume that this woman, a major player in Greensboro's relatively small historic preservation community representing Revolution Mills Studios and I'm sure whatever Greensboro's historic preservation society is, could simply inform us of how the textile mill's history was being preserved through the renovation (apparently with a wall of old photos). Huh? I must admit I was thrown off by the projectile vomited dry wall and tack-trad fixtures littering the premises. I believe she called it a "modern" look.

One word. Unbelievable.

Go figure.

1 comment:

emily davis said...

jimmy your pictures are amazing. you are right... you dont need photoshop!