Friday, September 12, 2008

State of the Mutation

After taking a bit of a break yesterday, the conceptual process continued with some searching for cellular images. I'm still very interested in the mutational synergy of humanity's waste and plant/animal life on a microscopic level. In the limited searching that I performed, I failed to get any sort of inspiration out of what I saw.  I then asked my girlfriend who is currently studying cell and molecular biology (and genetics? olfaction?...the list goes on) at Duke University what I should be looking for. She recommended I search for "dati stain nuclei", "immunohistochemistry", and "cell junctions." The results, as you can see, were rather fruitful.
The image group has provided me with ideas regarding form, volume, material, and organization. I believe the most definitive part of the study is that this "theory" can be applied to every scale of the project: storefront, signage and graphics, window displays, and fixtures. 



No comments: