Saturday, November 15, 2008

"Do you expect me to talk?" "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."

(conceptual plan)

Just wanted to throw that quote in because we [Kaylin, brother and his girlfriend] went and saw the new James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace. And because I enjoyed the movie (Daniel Craig plays a better Bond then Brosnan. He should have stopped with Goldeneye) so much I've decided to name the fixture that is potentially breathing new life into my project after the movie. I present the 3 scales of the "Quantum of Solace Display System 3000." I was originally going to name it the "Mystery Science Theater 3000 Display" but not many folks these days know about that show.

(3 scales)

(two investors)
"Yeah this place is pretty awesome. We should invest in the company and hire this Jimmy guy to do design work for us."
"Yeah, I agree. I actually don't know if I'm experiencing visual ecstasy or this is my brain telling me I'm about to have a seizure...oh, watch out for that pitfall."

(conceptual perspective)

After today's adventures I've been thinking about constructing my store in a different way. As you can see I've got a [building block, pixel, etc] and I have manipulated the scale of the pixel to fit the varying parts of my 3 dimensional diagrammatical usage model. The plans and perspectives shown are the outcome and again I feel rather [pleased & surprised] my process keeps taking me to places that I hadn't thought of before, mainly the idea behind taking this one unit/fixture and stretching/contracting its volume in a way that starts dialog with the varying areas within the store's volume. I feel I've finally started to tie my physical models into the 3 dimensional model of the store and how everything fits together.

Conceptually, I'm still with "the refracted pixel" which is what I've deemed a [designed]  concept. 

[The Refracted Pixel]
"A point of information that changed passing through a medium."

Pixel: [essentially any building block described by the criteria below, not limited to one type]
Descriptive Information Category: [direction, form, texture, color, light, material]
Medium Category: [floor, ceiling, wall, special area]

Considering the 3 major areas [service, entertainment, circulation] perhaps they each are made up of their own type of "pixel." I think this fits well with the change through the different mediums.

1 comment:

Jami Southern said...

I really like the one with all the people walking...it shows the space really well. Can't wait to see more details of the interior and fixtures.