Monday, November 3, 2008

Vision Quests: Reality and the Mind

Reflection in fall. It was a beautiful weekend.

Brother, mother, girlfriend and Blue, our dog (hidden in front of my brother)...on our way to the bark park (country park).

I suppose I hadn't noticed the leaves changing outside until this weekend.

I believe this little outing falls into the category of a vision quest although I didn't realize at the time what I was actually experiencing it. [fresh air, nature, and family] Even though these having nothing to do with my project, I find getting away from the work to reflect on other aspects of my life just as helpful and refreshing.

The leaves did get me thinking about the "pixel" again. They certainly qualify under my previous interpretation...the leaves as a whole having the duty of soaking up the sun's energy and the carbon dioxide in the tree's process of photosynthesis. To go further a tree could be a larger pixel (or construct of smaller pixels to create the larger one) in the greater context of the environment...examples perhaps of the assignment of tasks to pixels at different scales?

Sketch model in the making! To be continue...

No comments: