Monday, November 17, 2008

Example Presentation Slides

After meeting with Suzanne for a brief moment and speaking a bit about the name of the store I don't feel so weird about it anymore. After explaining where I got the name from I realized, with a little encouragement, that the name is yet another part of this project born from my process and examination, which can come off as a little strange (and highly confusing) to most people. The disadvantage to having such a perplexing style (?) is that people might not follow the path I've laid out for them visually and audibly initially, with regards to a presentation. It is my hope that people see things that excite them in my project (and not just this one particular) and in combination with the above mentioned confusion, they feel more encouraged to have a dialog  or ask investigative questions about my design decisions. I think this presentation strategy works well for me because I am just as excited to talk about my ideas and to talk with people about what they think I'm thinking. Hell, if you can't talk about the most important parts of your project at length you should ask yourself what you've been doing the past 4-5 weeks.


1 comment:

suzanne cabrera said...

Agreed. Teachers appreciate excitement.