Sunday, November 9, 2008

Should have posted this a few weeks ago

These sketches were my initial thoughts on some of the ways in which people would interact with the gaming terminals [single person, group, public, private, etc] and what that experience might look like. As of late, cubism has also been a reoccurring idea brought to my attention by some of the work I've done so far. I'd like my plans and sections to be first and foremost legible, but I am leaning towards a cubist style of portrayal with a touch of Hadid. Sections and plans can be so boring. Why not make them works of art at the same time? I also did some experimenting yesterday with mixed media [markers, colored pencils, oil pastels, water color, pen ink] in an attempt to replicate the process that was successful in a previous perspective. I've got "it" on paper and whatever "it" is, "it" looks crazy. Now I just need to scan it and see what it looks like after I touch it up in photoshop. That will be on the next post.The sketches were also what got me started on the models I've built so far. I must say its really helped to think about the volume of the store with something that most people would consider a toy (myyyy blocks!). The blocks have grooves on the sides and on the top, holes in the sides and top for steel rods, and today I'm going to start cutting 1/2 planes of plywood at varying lengths to act as connectors between the blocks as well. I think that puts the number of types of connections at a possible 6 (if you use the planes vertically and horizontally). I will probably focus more on the details of the store and less on the model now that I feel I've reached a good point of study.

No comments: