Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Goods.

The experiment turned out quite spectacular although unfortunately it did have its set backs. The jig I used was not completely perpendicular to the blocks when I was cutting the grooves which resulted in things not lining up exactly. Regardless, I am pleased with the output and that I still have my digits attached (there was a bit of a scare for a moment). I will probably go back and attempt to fix the problems tomorrow during class (charette permitting). As you can see I've started to drill holes for the rods I plan to use. The strength of the plywood is suprising, especially in the 2nd and 3rd pictures. The striations both represented by the grooves and the grain of the plywood are definately singing conceptually.
And theres more where that came from.

No comments: