Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturday's mixed media olympic trials...

These are the results in my attempts to recreate what happened earlier this week. I think, conceptually and process wise, these are highly successful drawings. I'm satisfied with what was produced and I have some new tricks up my sleeve graphically. Unfortunately, the drawings just didn't move me as much as the first one did emotionally. Looking at the new drawings they seem more complicated and erratic in comparison to the first one. The original had spatial qualities that are not represented here. I should have known this would happen, I was trying to cram everything I could into one piece of paper. I don't know why I did that...hm. Regardless, between these, my on going model study, precedents and store studies I've got a titanic's worth of information, both programmatic and conceptual, to start translating these ideas into spatial relationships in the volume of the store.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks good babe! i like the 4th one down the most, but they all look great. super drawing exercise ;)

Jami Southern said...

I see lasers and lots of light...I think your project is coming along in a really interesting direction. Thanks for the inspirational comment on my site, I did a bit of research after your query.